Competition Now Closed
Goat Films Comedy Pilot Script Competition
Goat Films is excited to announce our first annual Comedy Pilot Script Competition! We believe all writers, whether represented or just trying to get a break into the industry, should have the opportunity to have the work read and considered. We want to build relationships with talented, emerging writers and make their scripts into a reality. We are offering the following prizes:
1st prize – Option Offer (further details below)
2nd Prize – Free Script Coverage – includes a full reading of your script and a detailed report covering all aspects of your script and providing constructive feedback on for example what worked well and how it can be improved.
3rd Prize – Social Media Shoutout – a personal shout out to the 3rd prize winner on our social media channels
To apply, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your script attached and the subject being your script title. Please also provide your name and e-mail address.
The Competition is now closed as of Saturday 11th June.
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only.
- Entry is Free.
- All scripts should be sent to email@example.com only.
- Coverage from a professional reader is only provided if a script is submitted via the scripted submission portal via the Goat Website. You can submit the same script to the competition for free and then again via the submission portal if you want professional coverage at rate outlined on our website. The second place winner will receive coverage free of charge.
- This competition is specifically for comedy pilot scripts only and should be no more in 30 pages in length. If a script is too long, it may not be considered.
- There is no limit to the number of scripts you may submit.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadline date by tbc, Greenwich Mean Time.
- All submissions are final. Please proofread your script carefully before submitting.
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s).
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay; however, it is not required.
- Goat Films claims no ownership nor option on your work. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders (subject to clause 1 and 4 of the Additional Legal Terms below).
- The decision on the winners will be final and cannot be contested in any manner.
- Goat Films reserves the right to change deadline and announcement dates at any time.
- Goat Films reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible, whether professional or not.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English (occasional dialogue in other languages is acceptable, if subtitle translation is provided).
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this contest.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF. Broken files, non-PDF files or entries that are corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason will not be accepted.
- Prize winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility before prizes are released.
- By entering the competition, user acknowledges their eligibility for the competition. Goat Films will verify all eligibility requirements before distributing any prizes.
- Any entrant may be deemed ineligible as a Finalist or Winner at the sole discretion of Goat Films.
- Goat Films reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
The reading and judging of the scripts will be based on the following criteria:
ADDITIONAL LEGAL TERMS
- COPYRIGHT AND OWNERSHIP: Goat Films or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this contest claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holder(s) until and unless other agreements are made.
- By entering into this competition you confirm that you are the author of your script as defined by Section 154 of the CDPA and the script is original to the author except where permitted third party material has been used (for example, material which has been fully cleared or which is in the public domain), and the script does not infringe the copyright of any other person or company. Entrants will keep Goat Films harmless from any claims that the script infringes the personal or proprietary rights of any other person.
- Entrants agree and acknowledge that Goat Films is in the business of creating and producing scripts. Prior to the launch of this competition, Goat Films may have created an original script with a similar premise, characters or other attributable factors to those submitted by entrants of this competition. Goat Films will not be liable for any claims in relation to similar scripts submitted by entrants to this competition or any other competition or third party and Goat Films shall not be prevented from producing such original script into a programme now or in the future.
- Option Offer: The 1st prize winner will receive an Option Offer which will provide Goat Films with an option in the winner’s script and grants Goat Films permission to pitch the script to potential broadcasters and financiers exclusively throughout the world for a period of 12 month (“Option Period”).
4.1 In the event that further development work is commissioned, or a television programme or other programme is commissioned based on the winner’s script during the Option Period, Goat Films will exercise the option by giving notice to the winner and will enter into a long form writers’ agreement with the winner which will contain the principal commercial terms (to be negotiated in good faith and in line with customary practices). The winner acknowledges that the writers’ agreement may require a full assignment of the winner’s rights in the script to Goat Films.
- Events may occur which prevent the competition from proceeding due to reasons beyond the control of Goat Films. Goat Films may, at its absolute discretion, vary, amend or suspend the competition and will use reasonable efforts to notify entrants in these circumstances.
- By entering this competition, the user agrees to all Goat Films Terms of Service in addition to these rules, eligibility criteria and legal terms.
- Please read our Data Protection Policy in regard to how we deal with and manage your Data. https://goatfilms.tv/data-protection/
- These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
By emailing my script or submitting my script via Goat’s online portal, I confirm I have read and understood the rules and terms and conditions.